I remember back when I had a LiveJournal… I almost wish I had archived all my old posts, if only to go back and remember how I was feeling, who I was friends with, and what I cared about at that time in my life. I never kept handwritten journals – the few times I tried, it was during a particularly difficult time (aka when I was being particularly dramatic), and I ended up ripping out the pages and throwing them away once I turned things around.
Recently, I was reading one of my favorite blogs and thought – wow, it’s amazing that I’ve been following this woman from her engagement to her new home to her new baby (in addition to the multitude of DIY projects, recipes and new art she introduced to me). Wouldn’t it be great if I had a space to capture all the beautiful things in my life… and maybe inspire others along the way?
I hope this becomes a space to not only share personal stories and archive the beautiful things, tips/tricks, projects, and recipes I’ve tried, but also make new friends and use these experiences to inspire my creative business.
I am 29 years old… for the next three months. I don’t feel like I thought I would at 30 – I know the best life has to offer is still ahead of me and I’m excited for what is next.
My wonderful husband, Alex, has been my partner for 9 years. I couldn’t have asked for a more amazing, supportive person to share my life with – he’s hilarious, witty, handsome, super charming, and happens to be the smartest person I know. I’m a lucky girl.
Family and friendships are very important to me – I’ve even asked my sister Crystle and BFF Ashley to share some posts here, too! I also have another sister, Ashley, who shares my passion for all things Disney.
I have a great full time gig as a marketing manager for a health care company. I love my boss and team plus I get to travel around the country to attend conferences and events!
I also like to spend my free time doing one (or more – I like to multitask) of the following things:
- Perusing Feedly posts and Pinterest pins
- Going to see a movie with Alex (usually horror, his favorite)
- Reading a new book (currently reading The Kite Runner)
- Spending time with my friends on the weekend playing board games, hanging out at karaoke, or going on an adventure
- Watching a reality show (especially competition-based – singing, dancing, cooking, I love them all!)
- Cooking a good meal with my BFF
- Playing a good game of Dr. Mario or Tetris
- Binge-watching great TV, old and new (right now, I’m most looking forward to the upcoming last season of Sons of Anarchy)
- Looking at pictures and videos of my beautiful niece, Sophie and wishing I was in Michigan to see her every day
- Planning trips with friends (Alex and I are visiting friends and celebrating our anniversary in Fort Lauderdale this weekend!)
Life is good. Don’t get me wrong, I still have my bad days (or weeks, sometimes), but I want to focus on sharing goodness here. Besides, I’d probably just delete all the negative posts after I’ve turned things around 🙂